Sometimes I struggle to cope with the demands and challenges that are put before me in my endeavor to find success with my affiliate marketing business to make money online. I think to myself, “If one more change or challenge comes down the road, I am not sure how well I am going to manage it!” We get overwhelmed. The pressure to get everything done and done right can make us feel doomed!
How can we find the resilience that we need to meet the demands of running a successful affiliate marketing business and make money online? We need to do more than just cope, as coping would have the element of just getting by, and often implies that we continue to struggle, perhaps just keeping our heads above water.
Having resilience, on the other hand, is defined as the ability to bounce back from adversity or challenges with a renewed sense of energy, competency, and hope. When we are resilient, we are able to navigate difficult or stressful situations without falling apart AND we learn valuable lessons from the experience that allows us to move forward with a renewed sense of purpose.
Highly resilient people have the capacity to deal with disruptions and uncertainty. They handle unexpected and/or changing expectations and adapt to a new way of doing things when the old way no longer works.
If you want to grow your affiliate marketing business so that you can successfully make money online, you will need to strengthen your resilience capacity by development the five essential components of resilience:
1. Purpose: this is about knowing what really matters to you. What really make your life meaningful. You know what your values are and what goals you are committed to. Achieving your goals is what gets you up in the morning and provides you with the motivation to keep going when times are tough and rough. Having a sense of purpose and intention creates the internal compass that keeps you on your path.
2. Perseverance: this is the steadfast adherence to a court of action, belief or purpose. This is your ability to keep going even when there are challenges that get in your way. You will use patience and sheer grit to turn mistakes into learning experiences, never giving up on yourself or your dreams and finding your way around the obstacles. Perseverance takes courage, stamina and commitment.
3. Equanimity: The quality of being able to “hold your seat” and stay steady even when the ride is rocky. With this trait, you can remain calm and open to what is happening in your live even when things aren’t going your way. You will recognize that change is ever present; that anything can happen at any time and nothing is ever certain or secure. You can take it, you can take everything that comes your way in stride, neither clinging to what you wish was happening nor resisting what you wish wasn’t happening.
4. Self-reliance: this depends on you, yourself, your abilities, your judgment and your resources. You trust yourself and take responsibility for dealing with the challenges, successes (and failures) and experiences. During your difficult times, your self-reliance will allow you to ask “How did I contribute to this situation? What was my part in this?” rather than finding blame on someone or something else outside of yourself. You experience that sense of control over your own life.
5. Complete self-acceptance: Deeply realizing your own worth and goodness is what this is about. Being comfortable with who you are, warts, and all! You are able to offer yourself the same compassion, forgiveness and kindness that you would aspire to give to others. It is about treasuring your own uniqueness and knowing that you have a right to be YOU.
You can be resilient! You can have success and not grow weary to the point of quitting! Build your resilience so that you can be a success in your effort to make money online with your affiliate marketing business.